Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Build a supply curve. Part 2

Hello,

My main aim was to find out  a way to create an aggregate curve or table from 2 simple tables (Supply.xlsx). Thanks to MarcoWedel and swuehl‌I've  managed it (Part 1 Re: Build a supply curve).  However, when I tried to do the same thing with uploaded multi-header table, it didn't work. According to the Part 1, can anybody help me with the problem?

P.S. I have attached an Excel and Qlikview files (Aggr.xls and .qvw).

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached, adding this to the end of your current script:

RESULT:
NoConcatenate
LOAD Company,
  Price,
  Day,
  ColNo,
  RangeSum(Amount,If(Previous(ColNo)=ColNo,-Previous(Amount))) as Amount
Resident ResultTable
Order By ColNo, Day;

Concatenate (RESULT)
LOAD 'Aggregated' as Company,
  Price,
  ColNo,
  Day,
  Amount
Resident RESULT;

DROP TABLE ResultTable;

MarcoWedel

Hi,

what is your expected result for this data?

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

@Legend   I am new to qlikview . can you tell me how did you change the alignment of straight table Amount. in this table Amount And price column are horizontal . But by default when I do straight table it comes vertical.

Not applicable
Author

MarcoWedel‌, in comparison with Part 1, I've added additional variable Day. All I need is the ability to build each day's aggregate table (curve) like you have shown me in Part 1. In actual practice, I have a very large dataset (similar to Aggr.xls). 

Not applicable
Author

swuehl‌, it doesn't work correctly.

1. It works only with Day 1.

2. It calculates a simple full accumulation but I need the one, which was showed in Supply.xlsx.

P.S. I've attached files. Also, I've changed Excel dataset values to make numbers more suitable for visualization.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Rockrocker, you can set a straight table to 'horizontal' layout on presentation tab of chart properties.

Not applicable
Author

BUMP. Hope that somebody can help me.