Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Build connection between List Box and Cyclic Group on different tabs

Hello,

Is there any way to do the following task?

I have 2 tabs in my Qlikview dashboard. On the 1st tab I have a List Box A. On the 2nd tab I have a straight table that includes a Cyclic Group B. List Box A is not present on the 2nd tab (and can't be displayed due to requirements).  Cyclic Group B also is not present on the 1st tab due to the requirements.

Both List Box A and Cyclic Group B are built using the same dimensions except for Cyclic Group B has some extra dimensions that are not present in the List Box A.

What I need to do is to make List Box A selections affect Cyclic Group B selections. So, for example, if I select 'Apple' in the List Box A on the 1st tab when I go to the second tab I'll see the same 'Apple' selection in the Cyclic Group B.

Did anyone have an experience with the same task? Please advise.

4 Replies
sibideepak
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

In qlikview if one field value is selected it will affect all types of object associated with that field value.

So if you dont want to affect on some chart you have to do it with alternate states.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

We have used this many times. Since qlikview is based on associative modelling, i dont think you need to do anything for your requirement.If both list box and straight table are in same state( say inherited) it should work as per your requirement.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi pparker12,

yes you will, see the attached simple example!

Andy

PS - If in doubt, just try it out!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As others pointed out, there is no need to do anything special.  It doesn't matter that the objects are on the different sheets, if you don't use alternate states.  Sheets are just "real estate", space for the objects.