Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronnayan
Creator III
Creator III

Button that toggles other buttons

Hi guys,

I have 5 buttons that each are connected to 5 expressions in a chart by variables.

How do i get it so when one button is selected, the other buttons are turned off.

So only 1 button can be selected at all times

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Aaron,

Have a look at the attached file.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
aaronnayan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

*sorry they are not buttons but text objects*

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,

Think, in general only one button text box is clicked at a time. By turning off, do you mean change in color?? or anything else??

Try creating a variable and add trigger in each of the buttons to set the variable value to 1-5. You can use this variable to decide the conditional layout or conditional color etc.

aaronnayan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shiva they are not Buttons but text objects which makes it harder.

shun_wong
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

It depends on what you want, but you should create additional variable, and can use if/else statements to allow it to be active or not depending on the value. And change the one variable with actions on the text object when needed.

This could also be used to apply for colours to ensure that it is more user friendly

If you meant to hide those other buttons, then you can use that same variable to determine the Layout - Show-Conditional.

hope this helps...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaron, I think Textbox and button doesn't have much difference in  the context of triggers and actions.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Aaron,

Have a look at the attached file.