Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator

Buttons Not Working in Access Point

Good Afternoon, 

I have a Qlikview report in Access point that has several buttons that select multiple values and change variables. The buttons work fine on my desktop but when accessing the report through Access Point none of the buttons work. Any idea what may cause this? I searched for answers on here but most seemed to be several years old. 

Thanks, 

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator
Author

Found the error and it has been corrected. I have been out on vacation and forgot to update the thread. 

The issue was in the select statement I have the items in the statement as such ('3204'|'3208'|'3120'|.....) the select statement did not like the quotation marks. Deleted all the quotes and it worked. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Do your buttons use actions or macros?
On the accesspoint, are you using IE and the QV plugin, or the Ajax zero footprint client?

JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator
Author

Buttons use actions Select in Field and Set Variable. 

I have tried Access Point on Edge Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers so far. As far as the plug ins are concerned I honestly am not sure and will have to look. What is the recommended browser and plug in? 

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Does your Set Variable have a condition that is based on the Field selection?
Can you post a sample QVW showing the problem?

JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator
Author

I dont think I can post an example. The set variable is not dependent on anything.

Josh_Berg_Support

Are you seeing any errors in your Qlikview Server event logs when trying to click on the button?  How about the Qlikview webserver logs (assuming you're using QVWS as your webserver)?  

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the Help on Button object and all the actions etc., but I am curious what version you are running?  Only thing that is really making much sense is a bug related issue here, as I cannot think of any reason things should not be processing server-side given what you are doing, as the Help did not negate either of those actions for server clients.  The only thing of which I can think is some sort of timing issue, and if that is the case, the only method to debug things is likely to split the variable changes into a separate button, so you do your selections with one button, then run the variable changes with another to see if that works, as if it does, then it would seem we have some sort of timing issue with things, and only way we could look at that would be for you to create a support case and provide a sample app, so we can look into things, but that is the reason I asked about version as well, as depending upon what you are running, we may or may not be able to have R&D look into things.  If you are not on the most current SR for whatever major track you are running, that is probably the one thing I would recommend to do first, get the latest SR for that track and try things there as if you are hitting a bug, it may already be fixed etc.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but hopefully it may help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
JustinRamsey
Creator
Creator
Author

Found the error and it has been corrected. I have been out on vacation and forgot to update the thread. 

The issue was in the select statement I have the items in the statement as such ('3204'|'3208'|'3120'|.....) the select statement did not like the quotation marks. Deleted all the quotes and it worked. 

Jagsfan82
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Do you have any thoughts on a similar situation not working for me?  Works on desktop but not IE Plugin or AJAX.  Running Nov17 SR3.  I have the button building a search string using three variables (Pictured included):

"=$(vs_iRightListExp)$(vs_iGreaterEqualRight)$(vs_iRightListFilter)"

GreaterEqualRight is either >,>=,<,<=

RightListFilter would be just a number stored from an input box

RightListExp would be a dollar sign expansion such as $(mmSumCedPrem)

mmSumCedPrem would expand to: Num(-Sum({$<[Insurance Type Desc]={'Ceded'}>} [Written Premium]),'#,###.')

So the end result after expansion is supposed to search for "=$(mmSumCedPrem)>5000" or something similar.

The "Build Filter" button below is the one that is not working

Filter.PNG

And this would be the action for that button that is not working

GetCurrentField.PNG