Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III

By Selecting a month..I need the chart to be static (Avoid using Alternate State)

Hi Experts - In the attached qvw file, when i click on the month, i dont want the chart to change (It should be static).. Plz Help..

stalwar1loveisfail

PLZ AVOID USING ALTERNATE STATE & DETACH methods

Let me know other than the above mentioned methods, anything else is possible or not ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

In your calculated dimension in the chart, wherever you used aggregation functions (here max()) include the set analysis part as well. PFA

Also, request to close the threads you post Re: Aggr function can be used in Script ? marking correct/helpful replies.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you mean you want the chart to respond to month selection, but not other selections?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Chart should not change .. Should be static irrespective of any selection made in the "Month Name"

PLZ AVOID USING ALTERNATE STATE & DETACH methods

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In your calculated dimension in the chart, wherever you used aggregation functions (here max()) include the set analysis part as well. PFA

Also, request to close the threads you post Re: Aggr function can be used in Script ? marking correct/helpful replies.

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Super!!! Was scratching my head for 2 days.. Thanks a Lot!! One more quick clarrification....

In the "Select Month" Field.. Once we select a month... Again if we click on that dropdown...  Behaviour is bit different...

Example.. After selecting a month... if i want to select one more month .. it is not possible... Any solution to this??

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try putting '{1}' or the same set analysis section in all max() functions in the expression you used in multibox expression.

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Perfectly Worked!! TY!!!!!!

bharani8
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just curious to know why the behavior is like that?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I like that you 'Like'(d) my reply. However, I feel since you are the OP, a 'helpful' tag is more appropriate here, because that (probably) was helpful to you. 'Like' would be more relevant to the non-OP people.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I am bad at explaining (especially when it comes to non-verbal communication). You have to learn more about Set Analysis and perhaps Aggr() as well to understand such behavior. Lot of documents/discussions would be available on these topics here in this community. Try to refer those.

As a quick answer, - it is because when you select something from the list which is calculated using aggr(), rest of the possible values actually go out-of-scope, so you don't see them in the drop-down.