Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

CALs assignement storage? Is there a file where a CAL assignement exists?

Hi QlikView experts,

My demand is rather simple, I want to know if there is a file where CAL ASSIGNEMENT are stored?

The idea is to have this assignements (this file) backed up, so then when I have a problem with the server of QlikView, I can always access to the Cals assigement file.

I hope my question is clear !

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Omar,

o C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer (Backup files of pgo files. Is a copy of Documents)

o C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents (Files that are using by the console in real time)

When the Qlikview Services are Running, the .pgo files are getting refreshed frequently within few seconds  every time time 24*7 till the moment your Qlikview services are running.

If you have lost all the License details do these following things:

1) Get a Backup copy of .Pgo files for the day when it was showing correct Cal Details.

Suppose you Cal details lost on Tuesday 25th and it was correct on Monday 24th. so, take a backup copy of Monday 24th.

2) copy that Backup files of .Pgo files at 2 places:

a) C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

b) C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

After doing this you will get your all previous Cals which were allocated to various users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

They´re stored into .meta and .pgo files

OmarBenSalem
Author

Can you please share with me the location of these files? Thank you very much for your quick answer

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

They are under your document root configured here

Capturar.PNG

OmarBenSalem
Author

Thank you

I've already came accross an interesting thread:

Export the name cals list

I wanted to know, if there is a way to export this information : 'users + assigned cal for each user"

into an excel file for example?

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Omar,

o C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer (Backup files of pgo files. Is a copy of Documents)

o C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents (Files that are using by the console in real time)

When the Qlikview Services are Running, the .pgo files are getting refreshed frequently within few seconds  every time time 24*7 till the moment your Qlikview services are running.

If you have lost all the License details do these following things:

1) Get a Backup copy of .Pgo files for the day when it was showing correct Cal Details.

Suppose you Cal details lost on Tuesday 25th and it was correct on Monday 24th. so, take a backup copy of Monday 24th.

2) copy that Backup files of .Pgo files at 2 places:

a) C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

b) C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

After doing this you will get your all previous Cals which were allocated to various users.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

XML is the standard output format. You can create a QlikView document though that gets reloaded every night and translates the current XML export into a CSV file in a Shared folder or a network directory. Not too difficult. But you'll have to start by adding a setting to settings.ini, as detailed in the post you linked to.