cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated Dimension correlated with expressions

Hi All

I have this pivot table where I'm segmenting customer based on 12 month revenue into A, B or C segment.

=if( Aggr( Sum({$<YEAR =, MONTH =>}NET), C_Number ) >= 60000, 'A',
if( Aggr( Sum({$<YEAR =, MONTH =>}NET),  C_Number) >= 25000, 'B',
if( Aggr( Sum({$<YEAR =>}NET),  C_Number
) >= 0, 'C')))

I select the latest 12 month, and uses the below expression to count the # of customers in the first period.

Count(DISTINCT {$< DATE={'>=$(=MonthStart(Today(),-12))<$(=MonthStart(Today()))'}>}, C_Number))

This works perfectly.

However, I want to add expression which count # customers for the 12 month before the latest 12 months. Then i uses below expression:

Count(DISTINCT {$< DATE={'>=$(=MonthStart(Today(),-24))<$(=MonthStart(Today(),-12))'}>}, C_Number))

Which works perfectly as well. BUT the segmentation of the customers in the period from 12 month till 24 months, is based upon the revenue from the first periode, 0 months til 12 months.

Is there anyway to achieve a separately segmentation of the 2 periods in the same table?

Thanks

Regards

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I have created a sample using a very simple example... see if this can work for you

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this you meant say?

Count(DISTINCT {$< DATE={"=(DATE >= $(=MonthStart(Today(),-12)) and DATE < $(=MonthStart(Today()))) and (DATE={"=DATE >= $(=MonthStart(Today(),-24)) and DATE < $(=MonthStart(Today(),-12))'})"}>} C_Number))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil

This is not what I'm looking for.

There are two periods in my pivot table

Periode 1: 0 -12 months

Periode 2: 12-24 months

Segmentation of customers is based upon Revenue in one of those periods.

For example.

If customer X bought  $65.000 in period 1, then Customer X is classified as segment A.

However, in period 2 customer X only buys for $20.000, and is therefore classified as segment C.

So basically i want to achieve below

Customer_Report.JPG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can create Calculated dimension like

Your simension is same for one column

=ValueList('Customer 0-12 mth','Customer 12-24 mth')

Then expression should like below

If(ValueList('Customer 0-12 mth','Customer 12-24 mth')='Customer 0-12 mth', Count(DISTINCT {$< DATE={'>=$(=MonthStart(Today(),-12))<$(=MonthStart(Today()))'}>} C_Number),

If(ValueList('Customer 0-12 mth','Customer 12-24 mth')='Customer 12-24 mth',

Count(DISTINCT {$< DATE={'>=$(=MonthStart(Today(),-24))<$(=MonthStart(Today(),-12))'}>} C_Number)))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How would that segment the customer into A, B or C?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You have created thread with dimension of each segment only, You can use that for first dimension.

I would ask you to share QVW file to test

sunny_talwar

I have created a sample using a very simple example... see if this can work for you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

This works really well. Thanks a lot.

However, can seem to get the partial sums to work. Can you help here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil

Thanks for you're input. However, I'm not able to give a sample.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This? Please enable the option Sum for expression if it is in straight table

Capture.PNG

If it is in pivot table, You can try like

Sum(Aggr(Expression, Your dim1))