Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonu8072
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculated Dimensions from same field in Multiple List Boxes

Hi Guys!

I have a date field in my load script which loads from a QVD, and when I try to create list boxes for days, weeks, months & years using this field aby adding a calculated dimension for each of them, they don't work with multiple selections (if I select a particular year & then any 6 months the whole selection becomes random, also for weeks & days).

I am aware of the alternative that instead of calculating these as dimensions for list boxes, I can straight away build them in the script. Just wondering if there is another way out that you experts can point me to!!!

Regards,

Aditya Mishra

5 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Aditya,

As i know, there is no way.  As you mentioned, you can use the single field with multiple listbox, but it will reflect all the listbox'es. 'Alternate State' is there, again, it won't relate to any other values.

Best approch is create the separate field in the script.

marcus_sommer

My suggestion is to use a master-calendar. Nearly everything about the topic could you find here: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values.

- Marcus

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Create them at script time.

Better performance, easier use and another benefits

ben_pugh
Creator
Creator

Another vote here for calculating them in the script. It will make everything easier and will have performance benefits as you are not calculating anything in the front-end, you have the data there already.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yep, creating a master calendar in the script is the best practice for this use case.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others