Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated dimension for 6 month from Max date.

Hello All,

I need a help to show last six months data from max date. I have a data from Jan-2015 to  Dec- 2019. I want show the Jun 2019 to Dec-2019 using Bar chart. i need calculated dimension to show.  Would really appreciate your help.

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't prefer to use Calc. Dimension and it kills performance. If so, you can use in script too

May be this in Set analysis? I assume, you have good Date format.

Sum({<Months = {">=$(=AddMonths(Max(Months),-6)) <=$(=Max(Months))"}>}Sales)

If not, Use this?

Sum({<Months = {">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Months),-6),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=Date(Max(Months),'MMM YYYY'))"}>}Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Hello take month in dimension and in expression you can write set analysis like

sum({<Month={"<=Month(Today())>=Month(AddMonths(Today(),-5))"}>}sales)

this is just an idea , you may need to modify expression.Try if not works send qvw

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for you r replay.

I am not using any aggregate functions. i have using the below for first 6 months from today.

=if(vdate <= today()+150 and vdate  > today(), date(vdate,'MMM-YY'))

like this, I need to show the data  from max - 6 month

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I wonder, Why do you need this without Aggregation functions. Some how, For your question may be use this for Months as Calc. Dim ??

only({<Date={">=$(=AddMonths(Months,-6))) <= $(=Max(Months))"}>} Months)

OR

aggr(only({<Date={">=$(=AddMonths(Max(Months),-6)) <= $(=Max(Months))"}>} Months),Months)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Hi consider this. Replace POSTING_DATE with the date parameter you have.Month, Day, Quarter are the parameters to give Month, day and Quarter selection. Kindly ignore Month=,Day=,Quarter= if you don't want

Sum({<Calender_Date ={'>=$(=Monthstart(max(POSTING_DATE),-5)) <=$(=max(POSTING_DATE))'},POSTING_DATE=,

Month=,Day=,Quarter=>} sales)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not working. i want to show last six months from Max date.

=if(End_date <= today()+150 and End_date  > today(), date(End_date,'MMM-YY'))

the dimension returns only last six months from the end date. If the last date is Dec- 2019. Then, i need to show Jun-2019 to Dec-2019. month as a dimension.

mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Can you attached qvw with some dummy data

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please share application that may trigger your issue

rammuthiah
Creator III
Creator III

Use this expression and date field should be converted into month format

sum({<Month={'>=$(=only(Month)-6)<=$(=only(Month))'}>} sales)