Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating Relative % values for each X axis values

I have my Primary Dimension as Year and Product Category as my Secondary Dimension.

While calculating Sales %, I usually use Sum(Sales) with Relative option checked. If I do that, I get something like the below chart

1.JPG

Here, the expression takes into account the values of all the 6 bars and then calculate a value. However, I need to get the relative split for each year. Something like this

2.JPG

The above image has 2 Charts, one for 2014 and 2015. Is there a way to do it in a single chart?

Note: I don't want to use two expression in a single chart, because I want to make use of the Dimension selection option that is available by default and I have used this expression as Sum({1}Sales) since I have to highlight the selected Bar Chart and gray out the non selected something like this

3.JPG

Even though these are all work around's for a particular problem. I'm curious enough to know Is it possible to implement all the above features in a single bar chart?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vicky_qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

In expression, just give sum(Sales)/sum(TOTAL<year>Sales.

Thanks,

Vignesh U.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did u chkd option for all expressions?

relative

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just have a single expression. The three bars represent Secondary Dimension values. And, Yes. I checked the relative option

Not applicable
Author

Try with

sum(Sales)/sum(Total <Year> Sales)

It should give you percentages per year

vicky_qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

In expression, just give sum(Sales)/sum(TOTAL<year>Sales.

Thanks,

Vignesh U.

vicky_qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

And dont check the Relative checkbox in expression.