cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculating rate of sale

I need to calculate of  sale, number of units sold per week.if i select last year, then it shoould be retail quanity /52(number of weeks in a year). if i select current year from period filter, suppose current month is jan then calculation be like retail quantity/4(number of weeks in jan month) if current month is aug then calculation should be retail quanity/36(number weeks till august) and if the current month is oct then calculation be like retail quantity/40(number of weeks till oct). Attaching you the qvw file for your refrence.

I'm unsing the below code,with this i'm not getting the desried output. This problem is on the sales tab and ros text object in the dashboard

='Current Year:'& Num((Sum({<week = {">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxdate)"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00')
& ' Last Year:'&num((((Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period=>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))
-
Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period= {'LYTD'}> }RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week)),'##.00')

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Something like this?

='Current Year:'& If(GetFieldSelections(Year)<>Max(TOTAL Year), Num((Sum({<week = {">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxdate)"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00'), Num((Sum({<week = {"<=$(=Max(week))"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00'))
& ' Last Year:'& If(GetFieldSelections(Year)<>Max(TOTAL Year), num((((Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period=>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))-
Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period= {'LYTD'}> }RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week)),'##.00'), Num((Sum({<week = {"<=$(=Max(week))"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00'))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

it's throwing a error in expression ')'expected with the below code

='Current Year:'& If(GetFieldSelections(Year)<>Max(TOTAL Year), Num((Sum({<week = {">=$(vMinDate)<=$(vMaxdate)"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00'), Num((Sum({<week = {"<=$(=Max(week))"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00'))
& ' Last Year:'& If(GetFieldSelections(Year)<>Max(TOTAL Year), num((((Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period=>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))-
Sum({<week = {">=$(vRollingStart)<=$(vRollingEnd)"},Period= {'LYTD'}> }RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week)),'##.00'), Num((Sum({<week = {"<=$(=Max(week))"}>} RTL_QTY)/Count(DISTINCT( week))/1000000),'##.00'))

saichawan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

dataset and qvw file atttached 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post, believe that may be of some further help to you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

If you want to do some further looking around, use the following URL for that:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

This will also kick the post back up to where someone else may have another look at things too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.