Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculation in line chart not totaling up correctly

I have 5 different charts with different calculations that when I am just looking at 1 customer the number is correct but when I look at total company it is not correct.  I will give 1 chart as 1 example.

In one of the charts I am trying to calculate the seatbelt exceptions.

So in the line chart it is by date for the dimensions and for the expression I first tried this calculation and I was not getting any of the correct  calculations for 1 customer on one date or correct calculations for total company.

the calculation should give me (if I could get it correct) on date 6/5/2017  1 customer (customer number 2) 3663 and for total company on that date it should give me 9963.

Try 1:

round(Sum({<FileDate = >}([Total Distance Miles] / Seatbelt)))

This gave me 1 customer = 896 and total company = 22088

Try2:

Next I have tried doing the calculation in the script.

So something like this:

LOAD

if((S10 + HB + SB + HA)=0,0,

round(TDM / SB) as SeatBeltS;

LOAD

Sum ([Total Distance Miles]) as TDM,

Sum (Seatbelt) as SB

Resident Scorecard;

and then I did this for the expression

Sum({<FileDate = >}(SeatBeltS))

This gave me for 1 customer = 3663  (which is correct) but for total company = 58494 (which is wrong)

I do not know what I need to do to get the total company to show the correct number? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured out what I need to do.  For anyone in the future who might need this answer I had to sum up each by themselves.

round(sum({<FileDate = >}[Total Distance Miles]) / sum({<FileDate = >}Seatbelt))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured out what I need to do.  For anyone in the future who might need this answer I had to sum up each by themselves.

round(sum({<FileDate = >}[Total Distance Miles]) / sum({<FileDate = >}Seatbelt))