Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculations in a Pivot table

Hi,

Please could you help me with the following?

QV.jpg

I am busy setting up the above Pivot table.  I've got 2 dimensions running at the top which is CheckInDate and UtilisationStatus and then another dimension along the side which is Region.  My expression is Nr of Days.  I want to setup a Measure called "Utilization".  This will be the Nr of Days Confirmed/Total Nr of Days

1. The first question is what should my expression look like?  At the moment I am using

(UtilizationStatus = 'Confirmed', sum({$<Year ={">=$(vYear)"}>} Days)/sum(Days))

This only gives me an answer of 100% for the Gauteng region.  The other regions do not have any answer.

2. The second question is How do I get the Utilization measure not to show under the "Available" and "Confirmed" column? I only want it to show once which is after the "Total" column.

Thanking you in advance for any help.

Antoinette

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

If you name the labels for the expressions you could use the expression labels from your table:

Confirmed / Total

Other wise an expression such as:

sum({<UtilizationStatus={'Confirmed'}, Year={'>=$(vYear)'}>}Days) / sum({<Year={'>=$(vYear)'}>}Days)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

If you name the labels for the expressions you could use the expression labels from your table:

Confirmed / Total

Other wise an expression such as:

sum({<UtilizationStatus={'Confirmed'}, Year={'>=$(vYear)'}>}Days) / sum({<Year={'>=$(vYear)'}>}Days)

Not applicable
Author

Wonderful!  Thank you so much!

How do I get the measure not to show under the "Available" and "Confirmed" columns?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

No worries.  I've made everything measures and now Utilization is only showing once.  Thanks

again for the help.

antoinette