Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calender Problem

Hi All,

I have created two calender in the same document. One is to select the FROM date and another one to select the TO date. But when i select FROM from the calendar by default same date has been selected in the TO date due to qlikview associative memory. I want to avoid this thing to happen.

As i am not able to select the two different date in the calendar. For example if i want to select FROM date as apr,2008 and in the TO i want to select mar,2009. This is not happening.

Let me know is whether there is any solution to avoid this issue which happening due to associative logic.

userid:0010012021,password:c2info99 to open the attached application.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi dsjain,

thats a tricky thing. First, both of your calendar boxes are pointing on the same field, so they have to show the same value. But thats not the point.

If I understand it right, you want to show the data between these two days. OK? Then you have to create two variables "vFrom" / "vTo" and use set analysis to calculate with the right values.

I don't know the right syntax but anything like sum({$ <Date = {$(>$(vFrom)} , Date = {...}>}), you have to search the forum for the right use of ">" in set analysis.

Have Fun

Alex:)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Having two dates properly formatted in two variables, set would look like

Sum({< Date = {">=$(=vFrom)<=$(=vTo)"} >} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander Schubert!

Thanks for your reply! We can check the syntax later on i think. First of all let me know how to create the variable. I have created the both variable as said but not sure what should be coming in the defination. I have put Date but that is not working as expected. Please help me out!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

set the variable value with a dummy value (eg. 1), then bind it to the input(calendar) boxes un your sheet and choose a value. The variable is now set properly.

Now you can test the synthax.

Have Fun

Alex:)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander!

I don't know how to do that. Can you please do the same in my document and attach it. It will be easier for me to understand.

Not applicable
Author

Here it is. But I can't find the right synthax for the set analysis. Has anyone any suggestions?

Greetings Alex:)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

You forget about the chart now. First thing i want to select the FROM and TO date values. After doing the selection rest of chart should be filtered according to this from and to value. But it is not happening. Requesting you to work on that first then we will go to the syntax part. When i select any date none of the chart is getting filtered according to the selection.

Also i want to see all the values in the from and to calendar. But as per me i think it is not showing all the months. By the way why Min(date) and Max(Date) value is used in the calendar.

Seems i have asked too much things as i am a newbie. Hope you can understand me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex!

Got any idea to solve my problem which i am facing? Please help me out to come of this problem.

Regards,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Using Alex's sample, I used the following expression and it works

Sum({<Date = {">$(=timestamp(vFrom))<$(=timestamp(vTo))"}>}SalValue)

The problem is that the value of the variables is coming in as numbers or dates while your Date filed is a timestamp format field. Hence it is essential to format the variables in the set analysis.

Nimish