Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I access qlikview dashboard on a Cellphone

Good Day , Please help,

I created a qlikview dashboard on my desktop computer.

My boss wants to access the dashboard on his cellphone.

I want to ask is it possible to access or display the dashboard on a cellphone?

if its possible please give me some Ideas.

Thank you.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It is, as long as the cellphone has a browser and the QlikView server is accessible from that device.

The app posted above can help with offline contents (you can "slice" a few data to be consumed offline), but if the device is online, there should be no problem without any further configuration.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

What Miguel said. The server being accessible from that device can be tricky and varies from company to company in my experience.

I have seen that some applications are harder to consume on a mobile device. If your primary audience is mobile you may want to designed the application in a way that focuses on mobile navigation and readability.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Randi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Miguel for your input.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Randi, What is the correct client application development that focuses on  Mobile development for qlikview because at the moment I am developing using qlikview desktop

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

You still use desktop to develop. I think there are just some key things like font and button size you will need to look into.I read an article years ago. I am not sure that is still the most up to date advice.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As Randi mentions, the development tool for QlikView is QlikView Desktop, regardless how the front-end will be consumed.

If you are developing specifically for mobile you will need to research the target devices size and use this setup in your applications to make everything fit within that space.

Other than that, any recommendation for the Ajax client fully applies, e.g.: reduce the use of macros as possible and be aware than some actions will not work using Ajax, or if they do work, they are not supported by Qlik.

In case you are not sure whether your macros or actions will work, contact Qlik Support with an example of your application so they can tell you what should be the best approach.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/UsingMacrosonQVS.htm