Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I automatically save the QVD load log ?

Hi,

I am running a batch load of the QVD.

For maintenance reasons, I would like to save the load log automatically for every load cycle.

Can this be done ?

Thanks

7 Replies
schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Gur lavie,

you could add the timestamp to the log file name, so it would generate a new file for any load.

it's under Document Settings->General

Regards,

Christian

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

what´s gonna be logged depends also on your settings in the management console (system --> logging).

in your installation path qlikview --> managment service --> qvpr is pretty much logged. qlik through the folders and you will see that there is basically everything logged that you usually need.

and to look the last reloads go into the management console --> status --> tasks (select a document) on the ride side click on show task details

Not applicable
Author

Thanks !

Can I see the Log files somewhere ? can I open them ?

Thanks

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

yeah in your qlikview folders. path is s.th. liks c:\qlikview\managment service\qvpr

schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Gur lavie,

it's a good idea to use both tyes of log files.

The ones in the management console and qvpr folder to get a general overview on what's running, how long and if the errors occur.

The Ones in the document settings to get exactly the same information you get, when you are reloading from qv developer. Gets handy when you have erros in the scripts, input files missing etc.

if you use the document settings log files you will see them in the same folder as the qlikview document with the name: qlikviewdocument.qvw.log.

Best,

Christian

Not applicable
Author

Thanks !

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Interesting enough, in my QVPR folder, I only have a "backups" sub folder

Any idea why don't I see logs there ?>