Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I use a date formula with secondary dimensionality in my expression?

I have a horizontal expression that sums across the rows for a Total number and then within that same Total column, I have another formula for the % of the "Joe and John's" divided by the Total.  The below formula works great to accomplish this. 

What I would like to do is add a date function to this formula ...  I want to be able to manipulate this date function so that I can get today's or yesterday's data. I'm just not sure where the date part goes in the below:

=

If(SecondaryDimensionality()=0,

Sum(IncludeComp) & ' (' &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Joe','John'}>}IncludeComp) /Sum( IncludeComp),'#.00%','.',',')

& ')',

Sum(IncludeComp)

)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be like this for Today():

=If(SecondaryDimensionality()=0,

Sum({<DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} IncludeComp) & ' (' &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Joe','John'}, DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>}IncludeComp) /Sum({<DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} IncludeComp),'#.00%','.',',')

& ')', Sum({<DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} IncludeComp))

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this for Today():

Sum({<DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} IncludeComp) & ' (' &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Joe','John'}, DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>}IncludeComp) /Sum({<DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} IncludeComp),'#.00%','.',',')

& ')', Sum({<DateField = {"$(=Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} IncludeComp))

Not applicable
Author

The formula above didn't work, so I modified it to this:

Formula1.PNG

Both instances resulted in 0 results. 

The first table shows the table I'm looking for, the second table is a result of both formulas.

Formula2.PNG

My expression is actually a horizontal dimension ...

sunny_talwar

Can you show your CreateDate looks like? is it read as date by QlikView or not?

Why don’t my dates work?

Get the Dates Right

Once you make sure CreateDate is truly a date field, you can look into the blog to see how dates work within set analysis Dates in Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

My date field (CreateDate) looks like the integer 42,620

sunny_talwar

Try this then:

Sum({<CreateDate= {"$(=Num(Today()))"}>} IncludeComp) & ' (' &

Num(Sum({<Carrier = {'Joe','John'}, CreateDate= {"$(=Num(Today()))"}>}IncludeComp) /Sum({<CreateDate= {"$(=Num(Today()))"}>} IncludeComp),'#.00%','.',',')

& ')', Sum({<CreateDate= {"$(=Num(Today()))"}>} IncludeComp))

Not applicable
Author

Hmmm, this didn't work either.  The result is the same as before (see the second table in above post).  Any other ideas?

sunny_talwar

Can you send me a screenshot of create date in a list box object?

Not applicable
Author

CreateDateFormat.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Sorry to have used up so much of your time ... once I posed the CreateDate, I realized it was an error on my part in not using the correct date format.  I made the datefieldformat = MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt and it works.

Thank you Sunny T for your expertise, it is much appreciated.