Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I use where clauses, group by clauses and other SQL-like syntax on binary QlikView files?

Can I use where clauses, group by clauses and other SQL-like syntax on binary QlikView files?.

some one give 'NO' answer is it True.

Thanks

Madhu

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are talking about a BINARY load of a QVW into another QVW, I believe you can't filter the data model when loading in, so the answer is NO.

Not applicable
Author

i guess my first question is, what are you trying to do in the binary load?

The binary load will load all of the data (and data model) from the qvw you are binary loading?  Are you wanting to add additional data or do something with the data from the binary load?

Not applicable
Author

I load the data through binary  after that i load additional table from excel and  through resident   i done aggregation sum(sales) group by Id  and after that i drop the excel file.

Not applicable
Author

you cannot modify the data from the binary load.  You can use your where clause on the additional excel table and can also do a resident load on a table from the binary load into another table with a where clause

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As soon as your script performed a binary load, you're in posession of an entire data model that you can start harassing with whatevever tools a load script offers you. The BINARY load is just the first statement in your script. Add whatever you like.

Unfortunately, this loaded data model consists entirely of internal tables. You cannot use SQL SELECT on internal tables, only LOAD ... RESIDENT and everything else. You can add tables from external sources (RDBMS, Excel, ...) using SQL at any time however.

Best,

Peter

maxgro
MVP
MVP

No in binary load.

You can add a resident load after the binary load to filter (this is a QlikView where, group by, etc, ..., not a SQL) the tables loaded in binary load.

raghvendrasingh
Creator II
Creator II

After taking binary load, you can use all the functions/Syntax of Qlikview,not SQL.