Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can Recurrsion be handled

I'm brand new to QlikView so I don't know if what I want to do is possible.

Assume we have three tables of input with the following information in each:

Unique Lots Production Information Usage Information

Production_lot Production_lot Production_lot

(Other production data) Usage_lot

(Other usage data)

Further assume that each of these tables is set up as a Table Box.

If someone selects Production_lot from the Unique Lots table, the two other tables automatically display the information associated with that Production Lot number… as I would expect.

However, assume a person wants to further investigate the Usage Lots (lots used to create the original Production Lot).

They would like to be able to select the Usage Lots within the Usage Information table and have them automatically "become" the new values selected for the Unique Lots table.

Is there some method that can be used to accomplish this?

Of course they can clear the Unique Lots table and then select those numbers in the Unique Lot table, but this is very cumbersome, especially if there are a large number of lots and they're not contiguously numbered.

Any ideas on how to address this?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please provide a visual example? Maybe, create an excel tables and show what you mean.

Not applicable
Author

I created screenshots in a word document to show what I mean. The document is "Pictures.docx"

I also attached "Recall_Test.qvw" - which I used to generate the selections.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/674/1323.Pictures.docx:550:0]

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

this is what I can suggest.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible that when "usage lots" are selected on the Table Box; it could trigger a data reload of the tables - filtering it such that only the selected lots would repopulate the QlikView tables?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is not impossible but maybe complex:
- script must have condition based on a variable
- a variable containing the selected values must be created in a format that can be used in script condition
- carefully cofigure trigger to make sure users don't relaod by mistake.
A simpler way is to use data reduction:
File -> Reduce Date -> Keep possible values.
Same result (if the last relaod is recent), no pain.