Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can any one help me regarding master calendar

Hi all,

i am new to qlik view and i am not able to achieve master calendar. I want to combine two data fields and make it as one.

actually i have 8 different date fields in my app, to over come synthetic key i am making alias for every field. But i want to combine all date fields as one date field.

Iam attaching one qvw file and excels , can any one tell me the process to do that.

in the app i want three fields to join as one date field.(date created in table1, RecDate in table2 and DateEntered in table3 needs to join to one date field)

stevedarkloveisfailrwunderlichhichamswuehl

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Whey I your dates in the spreadsheets formatted like "mm:ss,0" ?  If you re-format them into a date format like "DD/MM/YYYY", it would mike things much easier.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try like below Canonical Date

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi anil,

i already reviewed that canonical date link but problem is i didnt understand the "OrderID2OrderDate" from this line

Load OrderLineID, Applymap('OrderID2OrderDate',OrderID,Null()) as CanonicalDate, 'Order' as DateType

Resident OrderLines;

where it comes from?

can u please make out the example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Filip Duchateau,

i have formatted date filed in the excel into dd-mm-YYYY. Please find the attachments.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anil, i don't  have any relation to have canonical date field . So, i am little bit confused to follow that approach. can you suggest me any thing more

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You have to do many applymaps over here because, You have to load many times and then concatenate by help of Canonical date due to single table has many date formats.

You want to make qvw from my end? If so, You may tell us what are the Date fields(i am expecting Date fields from each table) like that

Table1 : Field1, Field2, Field3

Table2: Field1, Field2, Field3

Table3: Field1, Field2, Field3

Note: Remind you i will make you by week-end. So, It's late night for me

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi anil,

can u make an example with qvw i have attached. below 3 columns are need to merged as one

table1 : date created,

table 2 : RecDate,

table3 : DateEntered

needs to join as one date field

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

I understood your sample but in that sample the year filter is not working . When i select 2017 or 2016 then then count becomes zero  but in 2017 the count is 241 .

Can u please check and confirm.