Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can anyone please tell me how to use the hierarchy function in qlikview 11.0 and what is the use of this function? Also, If someone can paste the exact code with syntax with the explanation then it will be really helpful.

Can anyone please tell me how to use the hierarchy function in qlikview 11.0 and what is the use of this function? Also, If someone can paste the exact code with syntax with the explanation then it will be really helpful.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey henric,

This is not what i wanted, what i want is to represent the values of listboxes names as "tree" in your example as a tree view according to their hierarchy. I hope u r getting what i am trying to say. See the structure below.

EX:

male

female

Age group

0-10

10-20

20-30

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would display this as two simple List boxes, one for Gender and one for Age. This way you will allow the user to make any selection representing intersections between selections in the two fields, e.g.: Gender=female AND (Age=10-20 OR Age=20-30).

If you squeeze both fields into one tree view (which most likely is possible with some script work) then you would not be able to make such selections.

HIC