Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone share Themes.qvt files

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview and doing some of the designer part.

I learnt that we can save themes and then apply them later.

Can anyone please share their themes or qvt files with me so that I can apply them to my sheets

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can basicly create a theme from any Qv document you have access to. In this example I extracted elements from the buying succes-document on the QlikView demo site.

Best regards

Vegar Lie Arntsen

QlikView consultant at egbs consulting ab

Blog (in Swedish): bi-effekten.se

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can basicly create a theme from any Qv document you have access to. In this example I extracted elements from the buying succes-document on the QlikView demo site.

Best regards

Vegar Lie Arntsen

QlikView consultant at egbs consulting ab

Blog (in Swedish): bi-effekten.se

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton... It was really helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Others too please share your themes as I will also know more about some more styles and Best Practices

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I would like to extract a theme from a QVW document, but I don't know how to proceed..

Can you detail the steps ?

Regards,

T.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Settings -->  Document Properties  --->  Layout   ,   Use theme maker to create theme or apply theme if you have one ......

Vegar
MVP
MVP

The Quick – Qlear – Qool Blog have written a blog post on how to work with themes, it could be a good introduction read.

http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=559

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vegar,

How to Create theme in theme maker plz expain it step by step

thnx

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not a theme expert and I think the blog-post mentioned earlier is a quite good step by step explanation, my step by step explanation will not be any better than that.

My best suggestion is to take some time and experience on a dummy document. I think you'll fast get the hang of it.

Once you have a first theme file you can always adjust/improve it with the layout of any object in your qlikview- document. Right click properties -> Layout -> Theme Maker.

thememaker.PNG.png

Note that you could always open the theme-file in your favourite xml-editor and do adjustments there if you prefere.

Not applicable
Author

How did you extract the qvt file from the demo?