Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Can i reduce number of link between sales and AR Table ?

Hi All

I have AR and Sales Table , now both table link by 3 line , which is working fine.

I like to know why i cannot reduce the number of line to 1 ? 

Since i already have ARKey , as i assume that ARKey will link cust_id and company.

My issue is if i remove AR Table cust_id and company field. the AR Table will not able to display cust_id and company info.

Enclosed my image.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

First

Even without the issue of links between AR and Sales you to have circular references in your data model. You do not want circular references.  Read: Understanding circular references

Second: 

In order to remove your syntethic key between AR and Sales you can create a composite key with your key fields. You do also need to decide where you want to keep your COMPANY, CUST_ID (and maybe ARKey?) When you've done that remove the three fields from the table you don't want to keep the values and create a composite field consiting of the three in both tables. 

See how I did in your AR_AGING table below:

AR_AGING:
LOAD 
  autonumber( @1:9T & '_' & 'TDS' )&'|'& @1:9T & left(@10:38T,25) as %AR_AGING,
  //autonumber( @1:9T & '_' & 'TDS' ) as ARKey,// Key to Sales
  //@1:9T as [CUST_ID],	// Kay to Sales
  //left(@10:38T,25) as [COMPANY],// Key to Sales
  'TDS' as SOURCE,	
  @1:9T as [cust_id_ar],
  etc...

I've attached a qvw with a suggested new link between the two (but I guess you can make it even simpler.)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

@paulyeo11  you missed to enclose your picture.  It could also be an good idea to post a set of inline tables to materialize  your data model.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Enclosed my QVW file , hope that you can advise me how to reduce to only 1 line for the link between AR and sales table.

Paul

Vegar
MVP
MVP

First

Even without the issue of links between AR and Sales you to have circular references in your data model. You do not want circular references.  Read: Understanding circular references

Second: 

In order to remove your syntethic key between AR and Sales you can create a composite key with your key fields. You do also need to decide where you want to keep your COMPANY, CUST_ID (and maybe ARKey?) When you've done that remove the three fields from the table you don't want to keep the values and create a composite field consiting of the three in both tables. 

See how I did in your AR_AGING table below:

AR_AGING:
LOAD 
  //autonumber( @1:9T & '_' & 'TDS' ) as ARKey,// Key to Sales
  //@1:9T as [CUST_ID],	// Kay to Sales
  //left(@10:38T,25) as [COMPANY],// Key to Sales
  'TDS' as SOURCE,	
  @1:9T as [cust_id_ar],
  etc...

I've attached a qvw with a suggested new link between the two (but I guess you can make it even simpler.)

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Appreciate very much for your sharing.

I must use back the code :-

autonumber( @1:9T & '_' & 'TDS' ) as ARKey,// Key to Sales

As when i using your propose code :-

The AR report does not display all the company.

I think my previous issue is i have remove CUST_ID & COMPANY only for TDS , i forgotten to remove from PMC.

Now it working fine.

Once again thank you very much for your sharing.

Paul Yeo

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

You said that I have circular references , I though when have circular references , the table view will show dotted line. But mine seem like no dotted line.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It depends on which table view you are using. Check out this help page to learn more:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Table_Viewer.ht...

BR
Vegar
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Thank you for your sharing.