Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can not get Pivot Table totals to add correctly

Hello, I'm fairly new to the Qlikview development world so any help would be appreciated.

I am troubleshooting some Pivot Table data issues where I can confirm that the details for the table are correct but when the details are added together it produces wrong totals.

Background: The model is for transportation where users are tracking movement and costs related to the movement of goods throughout our company.

I have the following calculation to create a vendor cost for each purchase order:

Sum({$<Type={'Carrier Shipment'}, [Charge Type]=, [Dest Geolocation]=>} aggr(sum([Weight-KG]), [PO Number]))*
((
if (count([PO Number])=0,0,sum({$<Type={'Carrier Charge'}, [Commodity]=, [Dest Geolocation]=,[PO Vendor Number]=>}total <[Carrier Move]> [Charge Amount])))
/(
if (count([PO Number])=0,0,sum({$<Type={'Carrier Shipment'}, [Charge Type]=, [Dest Geolocation]=,[PO Vendor Number]=>}total <[Carrier Move]> [Weight-KG]))))

I have attached a spreadsheet to illustrate the issue.

In the spreadsheet there is both the pivot table, which is incorrect, and a straight table which works fine. I would prefer to keep the pivot table for the sub-totals.

I have already tried to change the formula to use the total function rather than the aggr without success.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks

3 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Can you attach the application as well?

Your expression is confusing as compare with the source.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello and thanks for your interest. Unfortunately I will be away and am unable to post anything else until I get back. I will attempt to get this restarted then.

balabhaskarqlik

1. In your expression after *, there are two braces are there, these braces are not closed. Add 2 braces at the end.

2. Now try to add / modify the dim's as required.