Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II

Can show the way for making particular words bold in sentence

Dear Forum's,

In Following Sentence I want to make the word "newcomer" in bold. The sentence as follows:

"I am newcomer in qlikview"

After taking the Text Object I had try in following 2 way in Text->Edit Expression which as follows:-

1. I am '<b>' newcomer '</b>' in qlikview

2. I am newcomer in qlikview

However, I am not able to get the favourable results. The results should be as follows:-

I am newcomer in qlikview

It will great if anybody can show out the way.

Thanks is Advance

Shantanu

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can vote for this idea:

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/1880

and maybe you want to give Stefan Walther's extension a try:

http://www.qlikblog.at/1579/qliktip-39-displaying-html-content-minimalistic-htmltextbox-object-exten...

Regards,

Stefan

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan Walther/Squehi/Forum's,

I am new in Qlik View. I want to do following exe.

In Following Sentence I want to make the word "newcomer" in bold. The sentence as follows:

"I am newcomer in qlikview"

After taking the Text Object I had try in following 2 way in Text->Edit Expression which as follows:-

1. I am '<b>' newcomer '</b>' in qlikview

2. I am newcomer in qlikview

However, I am unable to make the word "newcomer" in bold.

On putting query in Forum I had been diverted to you for getting the solution.

After going through URL I had download the MinimalisticHtmlTextBox.qar file.

On Clicking the MinimalisticHtmlTextBox.qar file. It give the following messages as follows:-

"In total 4 files in 1 diretories where installed

Extension "MinimalisticHtmlBox" installed and ready for use

Description: Simple Object Extension for displaying Html formatted Content."

But Now, When I am going in QView Object Menu -> New Sheet Object. I can not view the

inimalisticHtmlTextBox object.

Secondly, there is no "Extension Object" Tab or Sub-Menu I found.

It will be great help if you can show me the way out.

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu

Not applicable

Hi All,

I am also download the  .qar file for and I deployed that file So I have four files In here(

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

)

Though, I am not able to see this object in Object Menu -> New Sheet Object.

My doubt is .

Can we do this in a personal edition Because of I am using PE? or Explain how can we do this?

~Kabilan K

Not applicable

Hi Shantanu,

Pls switch Desktop to Web view and u can see that extension objects.

Capture.PNG

Web view / Ajax mode in QlikView Desktop

Via a single click on a toolbar button it is now possible to switch between traditional rendering and Ajax rendering when running QlikView Desktop. This feature provides a convenient way for the developer to see exactly how the layout will look when used from an Ajax client. Naturally the Ajax property dialogs are available when running in web view, providing for some nice functionality that is not available to the developer in standard view. It should however be noted that some functionality, e.g. report editing, is not available in web view.

Hope It helps u...

~Kabilan K

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Kabilan,

Lot of thanks for quick response, The solution is work out.

But again question arise that we can not edit the document freely. For that we have to remove the tick from webview and then do editing work. Next, I don't know how I have to deploy the in Server?.

However, again Lot of thanks

Dear Kabilan,

In my previous discussion (Change the color, font, background color, width, height, etc of any object) I had asked help from you. on which u have given some solution. But my friend I had tried my level best but could'nt make out the solution.

It will great help friend if, I can get exact solution with small example for changing the colour for Chart Caption on clicking in some other object for eg in Button object. On click the button object the chart Caption Color should get change as per the colour mention in macro written in button object.

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu