Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can't Reload the script-Script Error

When I reload my QlikView file an error has occurred with a dialog box named ''Script Error'': " SQL Evaluate('Outstanding')".

But my connection string is correct and there is error in my script. I connect the Qlikview file with SSAS Tabular Model through Analysis Service 10. When I change my connection string after getting error, i reload my script then this tab run successfully but one of the other tab got error and show the same dialog box.

Is anyone know what is the problem? I need the solution badly!!

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Is the Evaluate() function in the LOAD part of the script (therefore, handled by QlikView) or instead on the SQL SELECT part of the script (therefore handled by the DBMS)?

If the former, start by commenting the line altogether and run the load. If the latter, check the right syntax for SSAS.

shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is my script: LOAD 'SERVIER' as OCOMPANY ,"Outstanding[Aging Days]" as [Aging Days] ,"Outstanding[INVNUMBER]" as Out_INVNUMBER ,"Outstanding[Out_Amount]" as Outnet ,"Outstanding[TERMS]" as OTERMS ,"Outstanding[Invoice Date]" as OTRDate ,AutoNumber('SERVIER'&'-'&rTrim("Outstanding[CUSTOMER]")&'-'&rTrim("Outstanding[AUDTORG]")) AS LCust ; OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=MSOLAP.4;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=yakub;Initial Catalog=SERVIER_ALL;Data Source=10.168.2.160;Location=TDCLSSASSVR] (XPassword is DHCbVSJOQbDA); SQL Evaluate ('Outstanding');
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe Miguel was on the right track here, things appear to be an issue on the SQL side of things, not Qlik, as that SQL Evaluate('Outstanding') is being passed as part of the OLE DB connect, there has to be something the connection does not like about things.  I would venture the Microsoft forums are likely going to be the better option to get further information on this one.  Generally though, I would recommend putting the Connect To statement before you start the Load statement at all, that way the connection is in place prior to the load statement trying to do anything, that might fix things here now that I think about it, but I am not certain.   

Found the following article that may be helpful as well:

OLAP SQL connections....

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks BrettBleess. I am working on it.

shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is not working when i put the string before load statement it gets error because I use Concatenate to connect 5 other sources.
shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is the error.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Really need the full script/document log at this point to try to help further:

How to generate script/document log...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.