Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't load Excel Spreadsheet due to access

Hi everyone,

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this, but couldn't find one anywhere. I've got a spreadsheet to load into a QlikView dashboard which is held on a different server. I can reload the dashboard locally, but when I instruct the QlikView redistribution server to reload and distribute the dashboard, it will not work.

If I use a copy of the spreadsheet on my local machine, I don't have an issue. I suspect it's something to do with user privileges and that the server doesn't have acces to this spreadsheet on the other server.

Is there anyway in QlikView to set the Windows authentication to use during a distribution or even the importing of the spreadsheet (in the LOAD...FROM statement)?

Cheers!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

My solution was to use a Windows event to copy down the spreadsheet from the other server to the local machine every morning, and use the copy. This resolved the issue without QlikView's intervention.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

My solution was to use a Windows event to copy down the spreadsheet from the other server to the local machine every morning, and use the copy. This resolved the issue without QlikView's intervention.