Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Can't read HTML file

Hi,

I have two html files which are identical in their content but have different character sets.

If you look at the image you'll see the file on the left is ANSI and the right is UNICODE. The files are generated in different ways which result in this difference but they're the exact same file really.

Problem is QlikView for some reason cannot read the file on the RIGHT (unicode) and that's the one I need it to read. The one on the left it reads and loads from with no problem. Any idea why, or what I can do about it?

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try playing with the different Character set options available for the LOAD statement? ANSI and UNICODE are both supported, as well as UTF8...

See also here: Character set ‒ QlikView

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I did yes. No luck. But I would anyway expect QV to be able to read the file when using the wizard?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That capability to read and recognize everything we throw at QlikView largely depends on whether QlikView finds a few characteristics of how text in a file is formatted. In most cases this happens by prefixing the text file with a few bytes of binary data that indicate the character set (like UTF8 does). However, we have no way of knowing whether your files have these characteristics from a screenshot alone. Care to post the problem file (in its entirety)?

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the feedback Peter.

I think I'm gonna just use a work-around and convert the file to ANSI using Powershell, which is how I export the file in the first place, so it'll just be a couple of extra lines I add there.

Was just curious.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm not saying that it cannot be handled in QlikView, just that I don't know how to fix a problem that I haven't seen in detail.

Good luck.