Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we create any shapes like circles and all in Qlikview??

Hi Qlikies,

Below attached file is a aImage which I have done in Microsoft Power Point....

My question here is can we create such shapes according to our purpose in QlikView??? So that i can give each circle (according to the image) a Action to perform..

Reply is greatly appreciated..!!

Thank you..!!

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry the attached file is here

diegofcaivano
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi. If you round the borders of a TextBox and try different "roundness" values, you can get a perfect circle.

Although, to achieve a properly made front-end I would recommend you to create and design your images in a graphic software and then use them as background of a Button or TextBox object. That's the cleanest and most professional way of dealing with design.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah I agree but if I do like that I cant put one action to one shape na??

Like in the image shown

i have to get one action for FO

One for TP

and so on..

if i do it any s/w like PowerPoint and all the total file is saved as a single image with which I can assign only One action to the total image...

HOpe u undrstd..!!

Thank You

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

As mentioned above the common approach is to use an image (or some) as a background and separate textboxes for each 'action point'.

So there is no problem with different actions for 'shapes'.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If your concern is getting each shape in your flow chart as a separate image,

On your Windows PC, you can use an imaging tool like the built-in Windows Snipping Tool (or MS Paint) to snip each shape from the powerpoint slide you have created and save it as a separate image.

For example, you could use snipping tool to crop the shape for FO and save it as (say) Image1.jpg. Similarly, you could use the snipping tool again to crop the shape for TP and save it as Image2.jpg and so on.

This way you will have 5 different shapes to use in five different objects which can be assigned five different actions.

It is obvious that, in QlikView, you cannot fully imitate the beauty and customization of shapes possible in tools like (in your case) MS PowerPoint due to the limited scope of customization for a text object - which is where using images/pictures as 'shapes' in text objects comes into picture.

If your requirement is simply to get a decent-looking circle, rhombus, hexagon or a square, you can click here to see different values you could use to customize the text object.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

-Khaled.