Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we read Text Object id in expression?

Can we read textbox value in the script?

For e.g. textbox object id tx01 has  text as "Football", how can we read this value in other text box or listbox?

I tried tx01.value, text(tx01) etc. didn't work?

Is there a way to treat textbox has object in qlikview?

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think you can access a chart object property like this, using QV functions in another chart object expression (but maybe I am missing something).

Maybe you could use a variable to use in the textbox id as well as in the other object.

Not applicable
Author

But what if I hwant to use same formula in two diffrent textboxes and depending upon textbox id my select criteria in variable should change?

I am not sure if this is becoming really complex.

But consider I have two textboxes one with "football" and other with "rugby". Both listboxes counnt number of people playing game usinng formula mentioned in generic variable.

Only problem is with generic variable I also need to input sports type automatically in the system ("football","rugby").

For e.g. if I put my variable in tx01, it should caclulate only for Football by identifying tx01 is mapped to Football.

And if I put the same variable in tx02, it should calculate only for Rugby by indentifying tx02 is mapped to Rugby.

For this I was thinking key question is can we identify each txtbox with some variable like object.

Not applicable
Author

But what if I want to use same formula in two different textboxes and depending upon textbox id my select criteria in variable should change?

I am not sure if this is becoming really complex.

But consider I have two textboxes one with "football" and other with "rugby". Both list boxes count number of people playing game using formula mentioned in generic variable.

Only problem is with generic variable I also need to input sports type automatically in the system ("football","rugby").

For e.g. if I put my variable in tx01, it should calculate only for Football by identifying tx01 is mapped to Football.

And if I put the same variable in tx02, it should calculate only for Rugby by identifying tx02 is mapped to Rugby.

For this I was thinking key question is can we identify each txtbox with some variable like object.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I've misunderstood your request. You are not talking about the text box object id, but about the evaluated text box expression.

So do you have a hardcoded string literal as expression? Or how do you retrieve the text box values?

If you want to 'link' several chart objects, I believe you normally do this by selecting in fields or using variables (maybe in input boxes) and retrieving the selection state / variable content in each chart object.

Probably I just miss what you want to achieve.