cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Can you turn off notifications by task?

I have 2 tasks that I created that are designed to fail 29 out of 30 days a month.  When they fail my dashboards do not reload. 

But I don't want to get an email every time they fail.  In fact I would like to only get an email when they are successful.

I currently have notifications turned on and get notifications anytime a task fails.

Is this possible to do?

9 Replies
Not applicable

In the QEMC you can only notify when the distribute was successful.

QEMC --> Task Edit --> Distribute --> Notify

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not schedule them to only run when you want them to run ok and get rid of whatever makes them fail for the other 29 days ?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

In the QMC I have notifications turned on that email 3 of us any time a task fails.  The setup is not task specific.  It appears to be either on or off. When On (like I have it) I get notifications when there is a failure. 

In this scenario I don't want to be notified when these tasks fail.  Is there a way to say notify me when any task fails except task 1?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No there is not  a way to say notify me when any task fails except task 1.

Still confused as why you deliberately run a task on days that you have scripted it to fail ?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Let me take a step back.

I have created a task that I call a trigger because this job running or not will trigger my dashboards to reload.  This task checks a date in the database and if we are not within 1 day of that date then the trigger fails.  All of the dashboards are setup to only run when the trigger task is successful.

This works perfectly.

But I do not want the system to email me every day that the trigger failed.  It is supposed to fail and I don't care.  I do however want to get an email notification if any of the other tasks fail.

So my question is can I specify which tasks send a failure notification or am I stuck with all or nothing?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Maybe there is a better way to accomplish what I need.

The date I am checking is the last date the data was updated.  So I only want to run the dashboards when the data was just updated.  It could happen any day of the month and could happen multiple times during month.

Do you have a suggestion of a better way to do this?

What I have created works perfectly.  I just don't want the daily email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could put a filter on your email client inbox to delete any emails whose subject contains the text string of the reload task name.

Not applicable

The other possible solution find below:

Later Qlikview 11.2 version you have supported tasks. Create the batch file that send email confirmation and call this batch file when the actual QV task was success.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A better method would be to let your DBMS execute a cmd file whenever data is updated. Most commercial relational products have some sort of agent that can detect programmed conditions and act upon them.

QlikView allows you to trigger tasks by sending them a signal from an external source. That method is called EDX. In QMC, you need to add a trigger to your task (if you have a Publisher) or change your reload (No Publisher) to be triggered "On an external event". The task will then wait for an external signal to arrive, and start executing.

The missing piece here is a command line tool that sends this EDX signal and that can be executed by the database agent. That one is called QMSEDX Enhanced

There is a massive amount of information available in the Community on how to configure and tune an EDX-based task trigger chain.

Best,

Peter