Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cann't get the Days to "Group By"

I have a simple grapgh that I want to create. Total hours by day in a Bar Chart.  However this is not how granualar the data is.  My data set goes to the task level meaning I have multiplule taskes per day that I need to aggrigate together to get a total hour number for the day.

In my dimensions tab i have a calculated dimesnion of StartDate so that I can format the data into a M/DD/YYYY output.  In my expresions I have sum(totalHours)

This graph does not sum a full day, it still shows me the sum of the indifidual tasks per day.  What am I doing wrong?

13 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Date is a formatting function, it does not remove the time value from the internal value used for grouping. Use the floor() function to extract only the integer -- the date -- portion.

=DATE(floor(StartTime), 'M/D/YYYY')

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You are are using a datetime field, you have to convert it to a date field; in your script try using something like this:  makedate(year(StartTime),month(StartTime),day(StartTime)) as StartDate, then in your chart remove the calculated dimension and add the StartDate

Hope this helps

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

find the attachment

Sumit

Not applicable
Author

This fixed it.  Great Job!!