Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewbieToQV
Contributor II
Contributor II

Change date format in Current Selection (for Quarters)

Hi,

Newbie who have searched for an answer for 2 hours stuck here.

Can someone show me how to change the "Current Selection" from ">=01/01/2018" (highlight in yellow) to ">=Q1 2018"? Thks!

Capture.PNG

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's not possible. But why not using a quarter-field instead of a date-field.

- Marcus

NewbieToQV
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

What is a quarter-field and  date-field?

marcus_sommer

That's a date: 01/01/2018 and not a quartal like: num(201801, 'Q ######') - whereby your field must be numeric or at least dual if you want to apply operators like <=>.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a Design Blob post that may be of some help in further grasping what Marcus was recommending I think:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Master-Calendar/ba-p/1471527

There are tons of other posts out in this area of the Community as well, so try searching further there if the above does not really help you here, as there may be some other posts that will there.  Just wanted to try to give you a little something further to maybe get you on the right track with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.