Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murilo7mendes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Change "Access Point" for an existing qvw.

How do I change the page of the "access point" to a qvw exists.

I have a qvw that does access control per user, from this qvw it is possible to open the other qvw according to permissions per user.

I would like that when logging in, the user would directly visualize this qvw without having to go through the "access point"

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can always direct people to the URL of the initial document and disable the QVWS.

But what will you do with people who are able to log on but to which no CAL has been assigned? Or for which Section Access blocks the access to some or all documents?

The AccessPoint exists precisely because it doesn't refuse a view of the landing page to anyone that is able to authenticate.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Moreover, I think you will run into serious trouble with restrcting permission management to your front-end QVW document.

You state that "I have a qvw that does access control per user, from this qvw it is possible to open the other qvw according to permissions per user.". But once a user is granted access to a secondary document, he/she has access to the direct link (URL) to that second document. After that first visit, nobody will block that user from directly accessing that secondary document again without passing through the first access control document. Or from passing along the direct link to that secondary document to other users...

I don't think you want that to happen...

murilo7mendes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Peter, Thanks for your reply. Honestly, I still catch on when it comes to QMC. This doubt I had when I saw this format working in another company, and what caught my attention was that a same user could access several qvds (from this initial qvd), and that no Cal had been assigned to any qvd . I found it strange the more I became curious.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To access "QVD" files, you do not need a license because they are simple data files, one table per file. I guess you are talking about QVW files which contain an entire BI environment, right?

QlikView Server environments that use Named CALs exclusively to license users do not need to assign licenses to particular documents. A Named CAL will grant a single user access to every single published QVW document, if there is no other security measure that blocks access. If you want to use licenses to grant/deny access to a document, you'll have to use Document CALs instead.