Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing the names of the x axis entries

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Qlikview and currently stuck on a problem I just can't seem to solve. Despite searching via google and on here, I did not find any information on what I'm trying to do.

I have a pretty simple bar graph which uses a table called 'orders' and counts the orders per article type. So the formula for the graph is 'count(orderid)' whereas my dimension is 'articletype'. Now the field articletype in the 'orders' table is an integer (1-8), referencing the table 'articletype' which, among other fields, contains the name of the article type. The columns in the graph are thus called 1, 2, 3 and so on. I'd like to display the name of the article type instead, so I inner-joined the corresponding table and field.

Now I simply don't know where to go from here. I thought I'd have to use the label field in the dimension tab, but the only thing that does is change the label of the x axis as a whole, not the names of its fields. I just can't seem to find where I need to go in order to change the labels of the x axis columns. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

Use description as dimension instead of articletype.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach the scripts you used or attach sample file which you are working.  It helps in understanding the problem.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

The following are the relevant fields in the two tables.

table 'orders'

orderid
articletypeand so on...

table 'articletype'

articletypedescription
2101microwave
2201bicycle

I want to display microwave instead of 2101 and bicycle instead of 2201 and so on underneath the bars in the graph. I attached the qvw file I use.

kji
Employee
Employee

Use description as dimension instead of articletype.

Not applicable
Author

Tried that before and it screwed up the numbers, but now it works for some reason. Don't really know what I changed since I last tried. Thanks for helping me.