Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart Stand alone from the rest of the sheet

I have a bar chart that has its own list boxes through AltState. I also have other charts and listboxes that I do not want associated to the chart on the same sheet. How can I unassoicate the other objects from the chart? I have a clear selction button that is tied to the entire page and I would like to have the clear all button not effect my chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you have created a button object with a Clear All action, you should be able to set the alternate state you want to clear with that button (or the default state). Similar is possible if you are using the button in the tool bar, there is a drop down where you can chose which state to clear.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

As far as I understood, you are already using alternate states.

If so, you can set the chart objects to specific states you they are decoupled (or use set analysis in your expressions to achieve the same or more complex required behaviour),

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have done that. I think my problem is I created a ClearAll Button that is associated to the chart. When I select the ClearAll button it also clears my chart.  How would one remove the chart from the Button properites?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could I enable a condition in my button properties that states not to clear chart (objectI BU19)?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You essentially clear selections in fields, and this is not chart specific.

You can only set up your charts to different alternate states and clear selections in specific states.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, it's starting to make some sense now. So I have two list boxes that I have created AltStates on that are tied to my chart. When I select ClearAll I do not want my AltState Listboxes to clear. Is that possible?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you have created a button object with a Clear All action, you should be able to set the alternate state you want to clear with that button (or the default state). Similar is possible if you are using the button in the tool bar, there is a drop down where you can chose which state to clear.