Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulx22x
Contributor
Contributor

Chart symbols

I understand how to increase the size of a symbol (in a chart) but there seems to be a limit of 12pt on a dot. Is there a way of increasing this size as I wish my data points to be fully inside a circle of colour not just perched on the edge?

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you post an app or at least a screenshot to be sure we are on the right track?

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Paulx22x
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Brett, hopefully the attached will show up ok. As you should see the the coloured dots are not very large and so the figures are are half in half out. I would like to make these bigger or is there an alternative?

Many thanks 

Paul

marcus_sommer

A line-chart (regardless if you choose a line or any symbols) isn't designed to display arbitrary large lines/symbols. Therefore it might be more suitable to change the chart-type to a bar-chart or maybe also some kind of a scatter-chart could be used.

Beside this you could enable the option to display the values within the segment (tab presentation in left mid) and maybe reducing the font-size of the values. Another approach could be to display the value completely above/below the points by using a second line with an expression like: rangesum(YourExpression, YourOffsetValue) and hiding this line or disabling their displaying or setting the color to argb(0,0,0,0).

- Marcus