Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infock12
Creator III
Creator III

Chart title disappers when filters applied

Hi all,

Good morning. A very simple question, may be I am doing something elementary wrong.

I have a container within which there are two bar charts. When I apply filters, the chart heading in the second chart disappears. This happens only for the second chart and only where there is no data. Screen shot attached. The top charts without filters applied and the bottom with the filters.

The "Show Title in Chart" box is checked under Properties>General.

Thanks,

Karthik

10 Replies
Not applicable

When there is no data, the chart title will not be availble.

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sindhu! Is there no way of keeping the alignment of the cyclic group icon as it is?

Because, the cyclic group icon moves to the top in the second chart when the applied filters have no data but stays the same in the first chart, which kind of looks awkward!

Not applicable

as I know, there is no way. But you can hide the chart based on the chart expression.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Karthik,

You can handle by throwing an error message when the chart don't have data when you apply filter. The chart title will remain as it is irrespective of data presence. Find the settings in the below screenshot and look at the attached example.

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Shankar.

I tried it but it didn't work unfortunately. My Expressions section has the following formula.

Expression:

=Num(count({<Response={'No'}>} Questions)/Count({<Response={'Yes', 'No'}>} Questions), '0.00%')

Calculated Condition: =IF(count({<Response={'No'}>} Questions)/Count({<Response={'Yes', 'No'}>} Questions)=0,0,1)

Window Title and Chart Title = IF(count({<Response={'No'}>} Questions)/Count({<Response={'Yes', 'No'}>} Questions)=0, 'No Data To Display', ' Questions Answered "No" - (%)')

Error Message: =IF(count({<Response={'No'}>} Questions)/Count({<Response={'Yes', 'No'}>} Questions)=0, 'No Data')

The Error Message is working, so the formula seems to be right. The same formula appears in both Window Title and Chart Title but they disappear when there is no data. Not sure what is wrong.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

can you share your application?

avinashelite

please share your app

infock12
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shakar and Avinash,

Sorry, it is the personal edition. Do you think it will still work?

Thanks,

Karthik

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Yes, you can still upload.