Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart type for Conditional?

Hi

I was wondering how to query the current chart type for a condition.

My idea is to have a chart that can be changed from a bar chart to a pivot table. The table though should show more details then the bar chart.

So I would like to use the "Enable Conditional" and check on the chart type. If it is a bar chart, then do not show the dimensions, if it is a pivot table, then show it.

Is there a function or variable that holds the chart type of the current object?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

create 2 charts, one for pivot and one for bar chart, and create a button to change the chart type by changing a variable to show/hide the report

Yousef Amarneh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Unfortunately there isn't any possibility unless macros. Therefore it's better to use two objects.

- Marcus

Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

create 2 charts, one for pivot and one for bar chart, and create a button to change the chart type by changing a variable to show/hide the report

Yousef Amarneh
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

You can create 2 charts and a variable to enable one or another trought Conditional value of variable

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Currently there is no builtin function available, so it is not possible to get the current chart type in a chart. Instead you can provide buttons to show and hide the charts.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the answers. I will try that one. There are always many ways leading to Rome...