Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart with two dimensions and two expressions

HI all

I am trying to create a chart that has on the x-axis hour of day. I then have two expressions, one: total activity (displaying this as a bar). Two: Average time from request to activity performed (displaying this as a line). This works fine.

What i would then like to do is:

- For the bar showing total activity, turn this into a stacked bar which shows the type of activity making up the total.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Dan,

do you want something like this?

chart_example.png

I think you need an expression for each type of activity, like

Label = type A, expression =count (if (type='A', type))

Label = type B, expression =count(if (type='B', type))

etc.

Then use style subtype "stacked" and in Expressions display options "line" for the line chart (I also used a second y-axis) and "bar" for the two bar charts.

You probably tried using a second dimension, I think this is problematic because you don't want it to apply to the line chart (and this results in a non-stacked bar chart).

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Dan,

do you want something like this?

chart_example.png

I think you need an expression for each type of activity, like

Label = type A, expression =count (if (type='A', type))

Label = type B, expression =count(if (type='B', type))

etc.

Then use style subtype "stacked" and in Expressions display options "line" for the line chart (I also used a second y-axis) and "bar" for the two bar charts.

You probably tried using a second dimension, I think this is problematic because you don't want it to apply to the line chart (and this results in a non-stacked bar chart).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

thanks for you help,

dan