Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Charting two date fields from the same table on a single axis

Hi

I've read through a fair few posts on here already, whilst i have learnt quite a bit about creating master calendars i have yet to find an answer to my issue.

I have one table, 3 fields, these are Case No, escalated date and resolution date. I want to be able to produce a single chart which will show for each month the volume of cases that escalated and the volume that were resolved.

Is it possible that someone can help me to meet the above requirement? I've looked at some examples using a link table but these only ever seem to link dates from seperate tables (in the table viewer this is how it appears) and not two dates from the same table, even then when i open these examples and try to chart the data as i would need it i cannot get it to work.

If the solution is as i think, to create a link table, would this just need to contain a date type field and a date field to hold the relevant date? I assume that i would then use the date field from the link table as the dimension in the chart? One thing i am struggling to understand though is how to keep the dates seperate enough so that the calculations are still correct but close enough to have one date dimension.

I have already built seperate date calendars for both of these dates.

Thanks in advance

Ashley

1 Reply
Colin-Albert

This blog from hic should help

Canonical Date