Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
torstenfroling
Contributor II
Contributor II

Choice of specific dimension in list box does not create result via link to straight table

I have build a report in QV, where I have a number of list boxes on the left side of the screen and three different charts (a straight table, a bar chart and a text box) on the right side of the screen. The list boxes are for the users to make different choices and the results are then shown in the charts. In the charts I have limited the results shown via a set analysis.

When I choose a value for two specific dimensions in two of the list boxes, the corresponding results are not shown in the charts. It only happens with the choice of the two specific dimensions that are being limited via set analysis, not the other dimensions that the users can choose in the other list boxes.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I suspect I need to change the set analysis. My set analysis looks like this:

=Count(distinct{$<
CAE_NAME={"* brand*","*kriminal*"}
ISO_COUNTRY_CODE={DK,NO,SE,FI}>}

ID_NOTICE_CAN)

CAE_NAME and ISO_COUNTRY_CODE are the dimensions, that are causing the problems.

Hope u can help me 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

That is what I thought was the issue, but wanted to confirm.... try this

Sum({$<ISO_COUNTRY_CODE *= {DK,NO,FI,SE}>} AWARD_VALUE_EURO)

Use an asterisk before the equal sign and it will honor your selection while only showing those 4 when nothing is selected  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly are you hoping that the charts should do? I am not sure which selections work and which ones don't work... can you elaborate please?

torstenfroling
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi. Thanks for your answer.

Let med try to elaborate. My dataset consists of a number of public procurement data from all kinds of different countries. In the list boxes on the left, I can make different choices, e.g. Name of City, Name of country, Name of supplier, Winner of contract etc.

I want my charts to show all results but limited to results from the four scandinavian countries (= country codes: SE, FI, DK, NO). One of the dimensions that I limit via set analysis is thus the dimension country code, which I have limited like this:

SUM(

{$<ISO_COUNTRY_CODE={DK,NO,FI,SE}>}

AWARD_VALUE_EURO)

However, when I choose only one of the countries in my list box - e.g. DK - I only want to see results for DK, but the chart still shows results from all four countries.

sunny_talwar

That is what I thought was the issue, but wanted to confirm.... try this

Sum({$<ISO_COUNTRY_CODE *= {DK,NO,FI,SE}>} AWARD_VALUE_EURO)

Use an asterisk before the equal sign and it will honor your selection while only showing those 4 when nothing is selected  

torstenfroling
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It works. Thank you so much - I have spend at least two days trying to figure out what was wrong.. 🙂 🙂 I am new to questions in the forum, can I give you points or anything?

/Torsten

sunny_talwar

I am glad you have got what you were looking for :). Already have enough points, just looking to help.