Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Class Sorting

I am creating a calculated dimension using the following to determine the "No of Items per Script" class dimension:

=Dual(Left(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), ' ',1))
& ' to ' &
(
Num(Mid(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]),2), [Script Number]),FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]),' ',4)))-1), Left(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), ' ',1))
& ' to ' &
(
Num(Mid(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]),2), [Script Number]),FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]
),' ',4)))-1))

My chart looks as follows:

Items.JPG

I then sort by Ascending value based on "No of Items per Script" but the chart does not sort properly as shown above.  Please provide a solution to this.

Regards.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qliksus
Valued Contributor II

Re: Class Sorting

Try putting the below expression in the Sorting tab under the Expression and sort by ascending

Left(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), ' ',1))

8 Replies
prma7799
Honored Contributor III

Please share sample app...

or put your expression in Sort >> sort by expression >> asc

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Try it without the dual() because class() is per default a dual-value - you could easily check it if you just wrap your class() with a num(). To change the interpretation you could adjust the 3. parameter of the function.

- Marcus

qliksus
Valued Contributor II

Try putting the below expression in the Sorting tab under the Expression and sort by ascending

Left(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), ' ',1))

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Thank you PM.  I changed the function to:

=Left(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]), ' ',1))
& ' to ' &
(
Num(Mid(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]),2), [Script Number]),FindOneOf(Aggr(Class(Count([Drug Name]), 2), [Script Number]),' ',4)))-1)

As mentioned by Marcus, class is a dual by default.  I then using the above expression to sort by descending and i get the following:

Items2.JPG

There are still some anomalies on the sort order where the range 34 to 35 is misplaced.

Regards.

Chris

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Susant, most appreciated.

Regards.

Chris

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Thank you Marcus for your contribution, most appreciated.

Regards.

Chris

Highlighted
antoniotiman
Honored Contributor III

Hi Christopher,

if You want replace >= <= with 'to', then You can use Floor() function instead, like this

Regards,

Antonio

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Thanks Antonio for your contribution.

Regards.

Chris