cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III

Clear field not working

I am trying to clear a field, 'Receipt_WeekStart' before populating with the maximum date.  I have a 'OnOpen' trigger under document properties that clears the field and then sets the value.  The clear is not working.  See attached screenshots.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

you can do this without macro.delete the clear field trigger and try to use date(max( {1} Receipt_WeekStart)), this will ignore any selections and set the max Weekstart. Also make sure you are giving the right date format.

hope this helps

Best

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Plz put the clear field action after all of the actions.put it in last then it will work.here you have after clear field u can select a field action is der so thats the problem

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Putting the clear field after the other actions did not work.  Now when I close and reopen the app, the date filter is blank.  I need this field cleared and repopulated when I re-open the app or tab off and back onto the sheet.  The only way I can get this to work is to manually clear the filter and tab off and back onto the sheet.  Not what I need though. 

Not applicable

Hi,

For this  we need to use macro here.try to use that macro and create a action run macro.

Kindly search for that macro in community.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4870

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would appreciate more specifics as I'm fairly new to Qlikview and Macros.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

you can do this without macro.delete the clear field trigger and try to use date(max( {1} Receipt_WeekStart)), this will ignore any selections and set the max Weekstart. Also make sure you are giving the right date format.

hope this helps

Best

Stefan

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Stefan!!  That works!!!