Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clear selections bug

Interacting with a pivot is fine, however when i press "Clear" the pivot does not react to any selections.  For example

Before:

Then i press either the "Clear Selections" button, or the toolbar "Clear" button and i get this after i make new selection;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi steven please check that the Pick Dimension(s) list is using _dimension Field. if not, change calculation condition to the field used in that list.

The table on top is easy to fail when you deselect all, if it's calculation condition is GetSelectedCount(_dimension) >= 0, it will try to calculate with all the dimensions.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check General tab of your Year and Quarter Listbox..

may be Always One Value Selected is Ticked... (enabled)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your quick response, but unfortunately no.  I checked every object to see if it was enabled.  Not one. 

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

is there any Document Trigger or Sheet Trigger set up?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe  you  have   selected  a field  in the  trigger

for  example:

1.1.PNG

rubenmarin

Hi Steven, check in the general tab of the chart the calculation condition, maybe is set to work when only one dimension is selected, not two; or is set to select two years but the text doesn't tells.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben.

You're right it has to be the Calculation Condition.  The table on top has a condition of GetSelectedCount(_dimension) >= 0 however, when i select clear all it crashes and says "Out of object memory"

the table on the bottom has the condition of  GetSelectedCount(_dimension) > 0  It was the original condition that is not working with any selections.qlik com 1.PNG

rubenmarin

Hi steven please check that the Pick Dimension(s) list is using _dimension Field. if not, change calculation condition to the field used in that list.

The table on top is easy to fail when you deselect all, if it's calculation condition is GetSelectedCount(_dimension) >= 0, it will try to calculate with all the dimensions.

Not applicable
Author

Ruben you are the man!  If you were here I'd kiss you.  I can't believe i overlooked such a simple solution.

Thanks again.

rubenmarin

Glad to help! That kind of thanks bringing a smile is what encourage me to keep participating in community.