Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Clearing Selections

When i clear "Current Selections" in my Application when i am in one sheet, focus goes to the first sheet in the App.  Why does focus change and not stay in the current sheet?

Regards.

Chris

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Clearing Selections

So when you clear all selections, you clear the _View field?  Then all your sheet show field conditions are false.  QV does not allow having every sheet hidden -- it has to show something -- so it shows the first sheet

-Rob

17 Replies

Where are you clearing? Can you explain how you are clear?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Chanty4u
Esteemed Contributor III

keep current selection box in each tab you can able to see the change

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

I clear it through the 'Selections" "Clear" in the main menu of QlikView.  However when i clear through the "Current Selections" box focus remains on that sheet

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Thanks, yes i have.  Please see my response to Anil above.

That means, Ctrl + Shift + D . So, I am not facing any issue while doing same as you. Will you show in 2 images one is normal and 1 more is from clear option.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
chitemerere
Valued Contributor

With  Ctrl + Shift + D, the application focusses on the first sheet in the app which is:

CtrShiftD.JPG

However if i click in the current selections box 'rectangular icon' highlighted in yellow to clear the selections, which is:

SelectionsBox.JPG

The application remains in the current sheet which is:

CurrentSelectionBox.JPG

Regards.

Chris

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Interesting. Do you have any triggers in the document?  Settings, Document Properties, Triggers.

Any show condition in the sheet you are clearing from?

Also, click the dropdown arrow on the Clear button. Is "Reset Clear State" available? If so select it.

-Rob

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Thanks Rob, I don't have any Document Event Triggers.  I selected the "Reset Clear State" and there is no change to the behavior of the application.

Regards.

Chris

chitemerere
Valued Contributor

Yes Rob, i have conditional shows on each sheet as the example below shows:

=if(GetFieldSelections(_View) = 'Competitive Analytics', True(), False())

The (_View) Multi box acts as "Menu" where the user selects the sheet to show.  i have used this to replace the tab rows and create more space on each each, see below:

Menu.JPG

Regards.

Chris