Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearing Selections

When i clear "Current Selections" in my Application when i am in one sheet, focus goes to the first sheet in the App.  Why does focus change and not stay in the current sheet?

Regards.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So when you clear all selections, you clear the _View field?  Then all your sheet show field conditions are false.  QV does not allow having every sheet hidden -- it has to show something -- so it shows the first sheet

-Rob

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where are you clearing? Can you explain how you are clear?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

keep current selection box in each tab you can able to see the change

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I clear it through the 'Selections" "Clear" in the main menu of QlikView.  However when i clear through the "Current Selections" box focus remains on that sheet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, yes i have.  Please see my response to Anil above.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

That means, Ctrl + Shift + D . So, I am not facing any issue while doing same as you. Will you show in 2 images one is normal and 1 more is from clear option.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With  Ctrl + Shift + D, the application focusses on the first sheet in the app which is:

CtrShiftD.JPG

However if i click in the current selections box 'rectangular icon' highlighted in yellow to clear the selections, which is:

SelectionsBox.JPG

The application remains in the current sheet which is:

CurrentSelectionBox.JPG

Regards.

Chris

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting. Do you have any triggers in the document?  Settings, Document Properties, Triggers.

Any show condition in the sheet you are clearing from?

Also, click the dropdown arrow on the Clear button. Is "Reset Clear State" available? If so select it.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, I don't have any Document Event Triggers.  I selected the "Reset Clear State" and there is no change to the behavior of the application.

Regards.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Rob, i have conditional shows on each sheet as the example below shows:

=if(GetFieldSelections(_View) = 'Competitive Analytics', True(), False())

The (_View) Multi box acts as "Menu" where the user selects the sheet to show.  i have used this to replace the tab rows and create more space on each each, see below:

Menu.JPG

Regards.

Chris