Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Collapse Expression Columns

I am trying to have a Pivot Table where some of the Expression Columns are hidden when the dimension is collapsed.  I want one table to show summary level information and then show detail level data when the dimension columns are expanded.  Is there a way to do this?

Example:

Branch Name     Sales Person     Buyer Name     Buyer Address     Order#     Units Sold     Amt

Using the above headers, I want Branch Name and Sales Person to be collapsable (my dimensions).  When those are collapsed, the only expressions that I want shown are the totals for Units Sold and Amt (my expressions).  When the user expands the Sales Person column, the Buyer Name, Buyer Address, and Order# are shown as details.  It is easy to get one column to be hidden by making it a dimension, so if I make Buyer Name a dimension, it will be hidden until Sales Person is expanded.  However, the Buyer Address is still visible at all times.  If I make Buyer Address a dimension, then Buyer Name becomes expandable and collapsable which I do not want. 

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use Dimensionality.

Create a new expression: Dimensionality()

This will diplay numbers. Collapse the dimensions to the levels that you do not wish to see any data in some of the expressions. Take note of the numbers displayed in the new expression.

In the expressions that you wish to hide use a formula if(Dimensionality<> Number, Expression)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks marcsliving, this helps, but it only hides the values, not the actual column.  When everything is collapsed the only visible expression columns should be Units Sold and Amt.

I've also tried using the Dimensionality() function in the Conditional with no success.

Not applicable
Author

NOTE:  This is not resolved.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

I played with it a little more and still haven't found a way to do this.  Any help on this?

Not applicable
Author

Bumping this back to the top of the list since it is still unresolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello everybody,

I have the same problem and I can't find any solution in the Community. This is why I want to reopen this post and bump it back to the pop.

Please help if there is any solution the show/hide expression by using the conditional function for every expression.

Dimensionality() does not work in this field.

Unbenannt.JPG

Thanks in Advance

raajaswin
Creator III
Creator III

Even I have the same problem.. Any solution to hide Expression column based on dimensionality

LynLuyt
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. It's really frustrating.