Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Color - Dimensions

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to color like below

For Dim:

Test-Dim1

Here I have to change colors for Test-Dim1 like Test-Dim1(For Test- green, Dim1-Red), How to do that

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not entirely clear what your requirement is. Would you be able to elaborate a little?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Not sure what is what here, are Test and Dim1 both dimensions? You can use the background color option of the dimension (click on the plus sign in front to expand) and use a color expression. The rowno expression in the example is for excluding the total

BGDimensionExTotal.png

Not applicable
Author

My requirement is:

Dimension or Column name - Test-Dim1

and I have to add color for Test-Dim1 as Test is one color and Dim1 is another color for the same column(Test-Dim1)

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use something like the following color expression as explained in my previous post

If([Test-Dim1]='Test',Green(),if([Test-Dim1]='Dim1',Red()))

Not applicable
Author

My requirement is:

Dimension or Column name - Test-Dim1

and I have to add color for Test-Dim1 as Test is one color and Dim1 is another color for the same column(Test-Dim1)

Column name: Test-Dim1(Full name of Column name)

and in that Test is one color and Dim1 is another color

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes, what is the problem? The expression from my previous post should do that, use that in the background color of the dimension as you can see in my screen shot. Or do you want this color in a listbox? then see this example:

Listbox Color Chips | Qlikview Cookbook

Not applicable
Author

No need to effect values. It just for Name of the field..

In the same field name need to colors

For ex name of the column: ABC. A is one color and B is another color

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So you want the label of the header/column name in two colors? That is not possible, you can for example use Test as label and make it green, and position a text box on top with Dim1 in red.

Not applicable
Author

if(SubField('Test-Dim1','-',1),green(),red())