Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator

Color expression with multiple conditions

Hi,

I have two columns with color expressions. I want to add a third column to turn green if the other 2 columns turn green. Any help? what i also did was to use the expressions for the two columns but i am getting an error when i use the expressions from the other two columns to set the color expression. Please see below.

=if((num(sum({$<ApplicationStatusCode-={'DUPLAP'}, ApplicationDate={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today())) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} RequestedPartTimeFlag), '##0')>=sum(PTAppGoal)and

(num(sum({$<ApplicationStatusCode-={'DUPLAP'}, ApplicationDate={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today())) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} (RequestedFullTimeFlag-RequestedBothStatus)), '##0')>=sum(FTAppGoal),LightGreen(),Yellow()))

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

=If((Sum({$<ApplicationStatusCode -= {'DUPLAP'}, ApplicationDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today())) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} RequestedPartTimeFlag) >= Sum(PTAppGoal)) and

(Sum({$<ApplicationStatusCode -= {'DUPLAP'}, ApplicationDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today())) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} (RequestedFullTimeFlag-RequestedBothStatus)) >= Sum(FTAppGoal)), LightGreen(), Yellow()))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

=If((Sum({$<ApplicationStatusCode -= {'DUPLAP'}, ApplicationDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today())) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} RequestedPartTimeFlag) >= Sum(PTAppGoal)) and

(Sum({$<ApplicationStatusCode -= {'DUPLAP'}, ApplicationDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Today())) & '<=' & Date(MonthEnd(Today())))"}>} (RequestedFullTimeFlag-RequestedBothStatus)) >= Sum(FTAppGoal)), LightGreen(), Yellow()))

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try Sunny's expr? If you still have issues can you share a sample file to look into?

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

This code worked fine but isn't the number formatting important in this case as it was used in the other columns?

Thank you

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes it did work but  isn't the number formatting important in this case as it was used in the other columns?

Thank you

sunny_talwar

Num() is not needed for if condition because num() is only a formatting function... if you want, you can add it back but it is really not needed. For me, the rule of thumb is... remove functions which are not needed...

taylor_jesse
Creator
Creator
Author

Make sense.

Thanks alot Sunny